Home > Stove Accessories

Carbon Monoxide Alarm, 7 Year Life





Our Price: £18.99
 


Description



CastTec Carbon Monoxide Alarm, 7 Year Life  (complies with EN 50291:2001)

The CastTec 7 Carbon Monoxide Alarm is powered by a 7 year sealed Lithium Battery (no need to change batteries) which is simply activated by pulling a metal clip attached to a small tab. This carbon monoxide detector measures 80mm diameter x 30mm depth and is easy to install, move and maintain. It uses:
  • Electrochemical technology CO sensors to ensure complete accuracy and reliability
  • A microprocessor for circuit control and gas monitoring to assure performance stability and reliability
  • A continuous self-test function ability
  • An Automatic Sensor Adjustment function which ensures total accuracy
  • An end of life warning
  • A loud alarm signal exceeding 85 dB at 3 metres.
  • A Sealed Lithium Battery with no need to change.

What is Carbon Monoxide (CO) and how is it produced in the home? 

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless, poisonous gas. It is produced by the incomplete burning of solid, liquid, and gaseous fuels. Appliances fuelled with natural gas, liquefied petroleum (LP gas), oil, kerosene, coal, or wood may produce CO. Burning charcoal produces CO. Running cars produce CO. By law, if you have a wood burning or multi-fuel stove fitted, you must also have a CO alarm fitted.
         
How much Carbon Monoxide is dangerous?

 
Most people will not experience any symptoms from prolonged exposure to CO levels of approximately 1 to 70 PPM (parts per million) but some heart patients might experience an increase in chest pain. As CO levels increase and remain above 70 PPM, symptoms become more noticeable and can include headache, fatigue and nausea.
 
Carbon Monoxide Alarm Response Times:
  • At 50 PPM alarm activates within 60-90 minutes 
  • At 100 PPM alarm activates within 10-40 minutes
  • At 300 PPM alarm activates within 3 minutes
What are effects of Carbon Monoxide poisoning?
 
Carbon monoxide poisoning is an illness caused by exposure to too much carbon monoxide — a colourless, odourless and tasteless gas. Too much carbon monoxide in the air you breathe can greatly diminish your ability to absorb oxygen, leading to serious tissue damage. Carbon monoxide poisoning can lead to death.





 

Customer Reviews
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!